Friday 10 August 2018

National Eisteddfod Bro Myrddin August 9th 1974

Gwynoro's address as President of the Day

The reel tape recording has only very recently been discovered when clearing my late step mother’s house in Cefneithin who passed away unexpectedly on June 11th this year. My father had kept the recording in his bureau since way back then and he had died in 2004. But the tape remained undiscovered. 

Now it has come to light - 44 years on. Upon seeing it I immediately remembered that such a reel tape was sent to me soon after the event but in the hurly burly of that autumn and the October 1974 general election it was all forgotten about.

Tim Hamill of sonic-one studio (www.sonic-one.co.uk ) in Llangennech has turned it into a CD and also this video. He has first class facilities and will certainly use them fairly frequently in the coming year.

In a few days I will post another account of the event. Plaid Cymru created quite a fuss over the fact that I had been chosen to preside at the Eisteddfod and deliver a speech. Also there was good description in the Western Mail of the occasion.

For now, here is the video.